Sweet Potato Protein Patties
1 lb sweet potatoes, cooked
3/4 cup onions
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup gelled chia seeds
6 tsp olive oil
4 loose fist sized clumps of baby spinach, raw
3 loose fist sized clumps baby kale, raw
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 sage leaves, crushed
1 sprig rosemary, crushed
1 tsp white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Clean your sweet potatoes and brush them with olive oil. Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Bake them for about 45 minutes.
- Pan brown onions and spinach and kale with ~6 tsp olive oil.
- To make your gelled chia seeds, take 1/3 cup chia seeds and place them into a sealed container with 2 cups water. Stir them, let them sit for ten minutes, and then stir again. (You can keep the gel that you don't use for this recipe in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Mix it into salad dressings or juice for a little extra protein in whatever you like.)
- Peel your baked sweet potatoes. (I munch on the peels because they are delicious!) Puree baked sweet potatoes in food processor. Puree cooked spinach and kale and onions. Place pureed vegetables into a large bowl. Puree browned onions, cooked spinach and kale in food processor. Move to bowl.
- Combine blended sweet potatoes, onions, chia seeds, flax seed meal, green onions, herba salle, egg whites, blended spinach, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Form and flatten portions of the “dough” into patties.
- Lay the patties onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or stoneware) and bake for 15-20 minutes, remove, flip them over, and bake again for another 20 minutes until they’re lightly brown and crisp on the outside.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or straight from the fridge.
Go on, have a peace! Enjoy!