To nourish your mind as well as your body

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, January 14, 2011

Miso-glazed Tilapia

A friend of mine was coming for dinner and asked for something "healthy". "My dear friend," I tutted, "when have I made anything else?" I put my thinking cap on and decided to try my hand at one of my favorite dishes. This fish dish, I accompanied with a cold seaweed salad to set off the subtle flavors.



Miso-glazed Tilapia
(5 servings)

1/2 c sake
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c red miso paste
2 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp pepper (or more, to taste)
5 filets tilapia (you could make this recipe with any white fish)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a lipped cookie dish with parchment paper.

Blend the ingredients in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Then place the filets in a deep sided dish and pour the marinade over them, making sure they are well-covered. Allow them to settle in for about 20 minutes.

Place the fish on the cookie sheet and drizzle whatever marinade is left in the marinating dish over top of them. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.

Hijiki Salad
(4 servings)

1 cup dried hijiki seaweed
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sliced green onions
1/2 tbsp agave nectar
4 persian cucumbers, chopped fine
salt and pepper, to taste

Placed the dried hijiki in a small bowl (I used a cereal bowl). Pour warm water (not boiling!) over top the seaweed and let sit for 15 minutes - until the seaweed softens. Drain the seaweed well.

Meanwhile, mix the other ingredients in another mixing bowl. When the seaweed is done, add to the mixing bowl and toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy. :)

Go on! Have a peace!

3 comments:

  1. I love seaweed salad. And hijiki is now my new favorite word. So many tittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when do you "tut", anyways? ;) And I love tilapia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tut when the people I love think I'm going to make them something their body is going to regret. :)

    ReplyDelete