To nourish your mind as well as your body

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wilde Chocolate Mousse

This delectable dessert was a wonderful treat my dear friend Abby Wilde made that I just had to share. Protein in a dessert? Surely not! Linger with this decadent mousse and a bowl full of strawberries for a sinless extravagance.




Wilde Chocolate Mousse
(makes 4)

1 10oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips (*for a vegan mousse, use vegan chocolate chips)
1 14oz package silken tofu
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract (I only used 1/2 tsp)
strawberries (*technically optional, but you won't have the full taste-tacular experience without them)
1) Let the tofu come to room temperature. It will greatly ease your chocolate incorporation.
2) Using your blending contraption of choice, blend tofu until smooth and set aside.
3) Melt the chocolate. I'm sure you have a nifty method for this. I MacGyvered a double-boiler out of a saucepan and a mason jar. Go me!
4) Add maple syrup and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate and mix well.
5) Combine tofu and chocolate mixture in your blender and blend away. You should have a pourable-pudding texture going on about now.
6) Pour mousse into serving vessels, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge. I don't know exactly how long it needs to firm up -- probably not more than an hour. I prepared mine the night before and let it chill overnight.
7) Eat ravenously.

Go on, have a peace! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete