To nourish your mind as well as your body

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, August 20, 2010

Easy Steak Dinner

I am not eating beef any more. I haven't for a while. I'm actually completely off red meat. My best buddy in the whole world, however, came to visit last week and he likes it. So I threw a quick dinner together for him and he very much enjoyed it. Therefore, I thought I would share it here for your enjoyment. :)

Easy Steak Dinner

top sirloin steak, cut into 1" strips and then cut down into halves or thirds (bite size)
mirin and soy sauce for marinade (1 part mirin to 3 parts soy)
two cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dark sesame oil

Place the steak strips in a tupperware container and fill according to the above ratio with mirin and soy sauce. Close the lid of the tupperware and turn to make sure the steak is thoroughly coated. Allow to marinate for 10-20 minutes.

Saute some garlic in a skillet with dark sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce.

Add the meat and cook until all sides are browned and have stopped bleeding. Pour off the excess juices and serve with something green. Spinach? Broccoli? You could stir-fry some kale with some garlic and lemon juice, that might be a nice side.

Go on. Have a peace!

1 comment:

  1. This carnivore thanks you. Looks simple enough for me to make and look like I know what I'm doing.
    Hey, and thanks for the index.

    ReplyDelete