To nourish your mind as well as your body

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Scratch your Itch

Earlier this year I was invited to participate in a fun opportunity to get published and help people learn about the editing process - how could I pass something like that up? So I didn't. The result is the "wild card entry" in Volume 2 of Scratch, which is a publication of the 2010 contest's winning short stories.



My short story, "Sawyer's Nest", is the last one in the book, so it's very easy to find. :) If you're interested, Scratch is on sale for $15 at this link. There's some really great writing in there, besides mine.

Have a peace. :)

11 comments:

  1. So you are an actor and a writer and a chef. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Danielle!

    Tease us with an excerpt or synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ireni (Danielle?)! That is very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lira. I recognize you. A while back this blog turned me on to your struggling actress link which is pretty cool. Now I see the connection between you and Ireni, both up and coming actors and writers. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :) It's a short story, so a synopsis seems a little silly (not to mention it would ruin the ending). However, I will say this. It's a lovely, mysterious, magic realism piece based on actual events in my childhood in North Carolina. Whetted anyone's interest?

    If you want to read, Lira, I can bring you my copy in print. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to delete your comment, Lira; for some reason, a random draft popped up when I was relabeling everything and your comment got stuck to it. But no worries, next time I'm to see you I will try to remember to bring along my copy. :)

    And thanks everyone for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add my congratulations to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! I'll order one for me and your Gram.

    ReplyDelete